We've completely revamped email in Inbox with the goal of making emails look and feel like regular email.
Here's what's new:
- No more "#-- Reply above this line --#" – we've changed things so that instead of stripping everything out from replies under the "reply above this line" delimiter, we now attempt to collapse the previous message. We've found that it works really well, and if we collapse too much, you can just toggle it open with the ••• indicator.
- Incoming HTML email – emails with rich text and images will look just like the sender intended. No more turning links and images into plain text.
- Minimal formatting – the emails sent from your Inbox will have as little formatting added to it as possible. So, along with the "reply above this line" being removed, we've also removed the avatars, agent names, timestamps, ticket style formatting and fonts, and previous comments all being at the same level. Whatever you type in Inbox is what goes out, along with the quoted conversation. Just like regular email.
- Regular CCs – previously, Inbox would send CC’d people a separate email and stitch everything back together on the Inbox side. This was confusing for folks, since they couldn’t see everyone who was involved by looking at the CC line in the email clients. So, Inbox now sends CCs along with the email to the main recipient.
- Email attachments – Inbox now sends small attachments as regular email attachments, which makes it much easier for recipients to see if there’s something to download. Attachments over 5MB are still sent as a hosted link, so email inboxes won’t get clogged up.
- Inline signatures – if you have a signature, it will now show up in the editor, where you can edit it or delete it if you want. No more double signatures because you forgot Inbox would be adding one for you in the background.
- Redesigned email notifications – if you receive email notifications, it will be more apparent that it’s a notification, with links to open and reply to the message within Inbox.
We’re still working through some of these changes, and there’s a lot more to come, so we would love to hear your feedback.
More updates are on the way. Drop us a mail if you want to try any out.
- Live updates – we’re working to make sure Inbox always stays up to date. No more waiting to load after clicking the “new updates” button.
- Bulk actions – no more slowly deleting or marking individual conversations done. Select multiple by holding down shift or cmd (ctrl on Windows) and clicking. Or, hold down shift and use the j/k or up/down keys and then hit e or # to get rid of them.
- Undo send – we’ve all been there. You hit send on a message and realize you made a mistake (or that you shouldn’t have sent it at all). Now, just hit undo and go back to editing the message.
- Multiple email addresses per Inbox – if you have multiple email addresses that serve a similar purpose, you can now route them into them same inbox. For example, inquiries@ and enquiries@ can both land in your Inquiries inbox.
- Refreshed design – we’re bringing Inbox’s visual design inline with the rest of the Zendesk family, surfacing more relevant information, and revamping navigation, all while maintaining the focus on team email and familiarity.