Yes, we're still very much alive!
Over the last few months the crew has been hard at work revamping the foundation that Inbox is built on. Today we're releasing the first phase of this new codebase, which includes a lot of bug fixes and improvements. Things should behave more or less the same as they have been during this first phase, but there are a few changes to be aware of:
- "Team Talk" has been retired – this was a very lightly used feature that we’ve been phasing out for a while. If your team was one of the ones that did use this feature, you’ll want to check out the next item :)
- Send messages to your shared inboxes – you can now create a new conversation in any of your inboxes by clicking the + button and addressing it to one of your shared team email addresses.
- Conversations can now be unassigned – useful for when a team member is no longer responsible and the conversation should be added back to the pool of unassigned emails for someone else to take.
- Ticket sharing – if you've been an early tester of our ticket sharing feature with Zendesk, you'll still see when a ticket has been shared, but the menu item to share it from Inbox is temporarily unavailable. It will be added back soon.
- First conversation no longer selected by default – previously, loading Inbox in a desktop browser would automatically select the first conversation for viewing. This could cause everyone who had Inbox open appear to be viewing the first conversation in the "Also viewing" indicator, even if they weren't actively viewing it. Now, no conversation is selected until you choose to view something, making the "Also viewing" indicator a lot more accurate.
- New conversation form looks a bit different – functionally the same with some visual changes. Some bugs with autocompleting email addresses have been fixed as well.
- Inline images in messages – this has been out for a while now, but if you haven't given it a try yet, you can now paste an image from your clipboard or drag and drop into a message to send it in the body of your message.
This is the just the beginning of the updates and improvements we’ll be adding to the app over the next few months. With the new foundation, we'll be working on a refreshed design, more bug fixes, and some highly-requested new features.
With any large internal change such as this, there will be some inevitable bugs and changes that you may not like. Please don't hesitate to give us your feedback! You can send us feedback directly into our Inbox, and we'll be working through bug fixes and improvements based on that feedback. Lots more to come!
- Hover over message dates to see exact time that they happened
- Rich text signatures
- "a" keyboard shortcut to assign conversation to yourself
- Background push notifications
- Member Inboxes.
- Transfer Account Ownership
- New home page - www.zendesk.com/inbox
- WordPress Plugin (beta) https://wordpress.org/plugins/inbox-by-zendesk/
- Compose New Message
- Set User Permissions
- Team Talk
- Contact Form
- Rich text emails