Inbox is an email app for teams to collaborate on messages that are sent to an email alias (e.g. help@ sales@, hello@).
Inbox is completely free for all customers who sign up during the beta period. If you haven't yet, you can sign up for Inbox at http://www.zendesk.com/inbox.
Every Inbox includes the following features:
- Email sources: A source is an email address configured to use with Inbox. You can use an existing email address as a source by setting up forwarding, or you can use an email address provided by Inbox (i.e. email@example.com). You can import as many email aliases as you want, and view every conversation in your Inbox.
- Conversations: All emails sent to a source are turned into Inbox conversations. This is what email messages are called in Inbox.
- Assignment: Email conversations can be assigned to a team member, so that everyone knows what they’re accountable for. The assigned team member will receive an update whenever the conversation is updated by the requester or another team member.
- Views: Conversations are organized into four views for quick filtering—Everything, Unassigned, Me, and Following (a toggle of the Me view).
- Private notes: Sometimes you need to collaborate with your team to craft a proper response. In this case, you can make private notes directly in the conversation thread to give guidance or provide feedback.
- Follow: Keep track of important conversations that are not assigned to you by following them. All of your followed conversations are quickly accessible from your views. You’ll also receive notifications when an update is made to conversations you are following.
- Real-time notifications: You'll receive email notification when a new conversation comes in or when an update is made to a conversation you’re assigned to or following. You’ll also see browser notifications if you enabled them on first login.
- Optimized for your mobile: Inbox was designed for both the mobile and desktop web browsers.