You can include additional people and teams in a conversation by:
Both administrators and agents can assign, or reassign, conversations to other team members.
To assign a conversation:
- Open the conversation you would like to assign.
- Click the assignment dropdown menu, located below the conversation subject. If the conversation is not yet assigned to someone, the menu will say Unassigned; if it is currently assigned to another team member, it will say Assigned: [team member].
- Select the team member to whom the conversation should be assigned, or select Unassign to remove any assignment from the conversation.
Note: If the team member does not have access to the team inbox where the conversation is located, you will need to move the conversation to a team inbox accessed by that member as well.
Using @mention to add a user or team
In Inbox, the @mention feature functions a little bit differently than it does in Support.
If you @mention another team member, they'll still receive the pop-up notification in the interface if they're logged in at the time of the @mention. They will also get an email (whether they're logged in at the time or not) indicating that they've been mentioned on another conversation. However, they will not be added as a CC on that conversation. Recipients can add a reply to the conversation to be included in subsequent conversation events.
To add a user or team member to a conversation using @mention
- Start a reply or team note.
- Type the @ symbol.
- In the pop-up menu, select the person you want to @mention, or select everyone to include all members of the current team inbox.
- Click Mark as done and send or Send.
If you're leaving a public reply, you can copy (CC) other users or team members. This adds them to the conversation, and they will be included on subsequent conversation replies.
You cannot CC users or team members on team notes.
To CC a user or team member on a reply
- Start a reply, and click CC.
- Enter email addresses, user names, or team names to the CC field as needed.
- Finish your reply, and click Mark as done and send or Send.