A team inbox can have a proper title and as many email addresses as it needs. This opens the door to things like:
- "Aliases". If you have multiple email addresses for the same purpose, they can all go to the same team inbox now. Some use cases we’ve seen are different spellings for multiple locales (e.g. inquiries@ and enquiries@) and synonyms (e.g. hello@ and hi@).
- Teams handling multiple addresses. If the same team handles email for multiple domains, you can have them all go into one team inbox (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com).
- Start with a zendesk.com address. Starting a new team inbox with a yourcompany.zendesk.com email address is super quick and easy. Now you can create a team inbox with a zendesk.com address any time, and set up a connection to your custom address later.
To include multiple emails addresses in a team inbox
- Click the Inbox chooser dropdown menu at the top of your Inbox screen.
- Click Edit.
- Select the inbox you want to edit.
- Click Add email address.
- Select the email provider you're using, or click Create an email address for me.
- Follow the on-board instructions to add the email address, then click Save.