Inbox uses a simple wizard to guide you through inbox creation. All inboxes need a email address associated with them; you can use an already-established email address, or have Inbox provide one for you.
This article contains the following topics:
Creating your first team inbox
If you're creating your first team inbox, use the following procedure.
To add a your first team inbox
- Click the Add a team inbox button.
- If you already have an email address created that you would like to add you can choose Gmail, Google Group or Another Provider. To use an email address created by Inbox, see Creating an inbox with a new email address.
Creating an inbox with a new email address
If you don't have an existing email address that you would like to add as a Shared Inbox inside of Inbox, you can go ahead and let us create an email address for you.
To create an inbox with a new email address
- Click the Inboxes chooser dropdown menu at the top of your Inbox screen.
- Click Add team inbox.
- On the Add a team inbox page, click Create an email for me.
- Enter a name for the new inbox, and create an email alias.
- Click Create inbox. The new inbox is added to your inbox list.
Creating additional team inboxes
The process for adding subsequent inboxes is slightly different.
To add an additional team inbox
- Click the All Inboxes dropdown menu at the top of your Inbox screen.
- On the Add a team inbox page, click Add team inbox.
- Select the type of email you want to use: Gmail, Google Group, or Another provider.
- Select or enter the email account you're linking to this inbox, then click Set up.
- If you haven't already, set up email forwarding, as described in Forwarding incoming email to Zendesk Support. When completed, return to this window and click I've set up forwarding.
- Click Complete forwarding.