Some recent updates to Inbox that we’ve rolled out recently:
You can now select multiple conversations to mark them as done or delete them. No more tediously deleting individual messages. To select multiple conversations, just select one, hold down the
shift key, and then click another in the list to select it and all the messages in between. If you want to select multiple that aren’t next to each other, you can hold down the
ctrl on Windows) key to toggle selection of individual conversations.
Once you have a few conversations selected, you can use the Mark as Done or Delete buttons on the right side. Here’s a GIF demonstrating:
For all you keyboard junkies, you can use key commands as well. Hold down
shift while using
k to select conversations. Then you can use
e to mark them done and
# to delete.
We’ll be adding more bulk actions in the future, but deleting and archiving should make life easier in the meantime.
We’ve been working on making updates stream into Inbox better, which should keep conversations up to date without having to wait for the “new updates” button to reload everything. You’ll also notice some more “toast” notifications when things happen, especially from other team members.
Multiple Email Addresses Per Team Inbox
Previously, a team inbox was tied to a single email address. Now, a team inbox can have a proper title and as many email addresses as it needs. This opens the door to things like:
- "Aliases" – if you have multiple email addresses for the same purpose, they can all go to the same team inbox now. Some use cases we’ve seen are different spellings for multiple locales (e.g. inquiries@ and enquiries@) and synonyms (e.g. hello@ and hi@).
- Teams handling multiple addresses – if the same team handles email for multiple domains, you can have them all go into one team inbox (e.g. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Start with a zendesk.com address – starting a new team inbox with a yourcompany.zendesk.com email address is super quick and easy. Now you can create a team inbox with a zendesk.com address any time, and set up a connection to your custom address later.
To manage a team inbox's email addresses, open the inbox chooser, click "Edit," and choose the inbox you want to edit. Then just click "Add email address" to start the process of adding the new address.
If you ever need to know the exact time a message took place, you can hover over the short dates to see a full timestamp that's accurate down to the minute. Even better, dates will now be formatted for common languages and locales, so dd/mm/yy and 24 hour time for locations that prefer those formats.
Here’s some more things we’re currently working on. Let us know if you want to be an early beta tester.
- Undo send – if you’ve ever sent en email and immediately noticed a typo or forgotten attachment, this is the feature for you.
- Activity feed – a feed of events that have happened in your account, like who replied to conversations, who deleted them, who marked them done, and more. We’ve been using it ourselves, and it’s really nice to see what other folks have done since you’d last logged in (or even to remember the things you’ve done yourself).
- Design refresh – a pretty major overhaul of the Inbox UI to better fit in with the rest of the Zendesk family, introducing more email familiarity, some new features, all while retaining the great team workflow.