You can automatically forward emails to your Gmail account address (and any aliases) to Inbox by following these steps:
- Log in to Gmail using the support address you'd like to setup forwarding for.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner, and click Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button, and enter your Zendesk Inbox email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the confirmation pop-up window, click Proceed. Another pop-up will inform you that: A confirmation code has been sent to email@example.com to verify permission.
- Log in to your Inbox account.
- You should see an email with Gmail Forwarding Confirmation in the subject line.
- Open the message and copy the Confirmation code, then go back to Gmail and paste the code in the new box under Forwarding:
- Click the Verify button.
- Click the new option, Forward a copy of incoming mail to and then Save Changes.
- If setup properly, you should see a notice on the Gmail top bar "You are forwarding your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice will end in 7 days."
You can use Gmail's filtering rules to only forward emails sent to certain aliases or with specific subjects, for instance, to ensure the right messages are sent to Inbox.
If these steps don't seem to work for you, or if you're seeing something different in your account than described here, you can refer to Google's email forwarding documentation as well.